Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ducks In A Row - felt board

A game is funnier if it has detachable colorful pieces. Because the kids love the colors, love to move the pieces, to keep them in their little hands, to feel and even to smell and taste. :)
I designed this felt board with all these ideas in my minds. I love the song Five Little Ducks Went Swimming One Day ... and the counting is fun.


The board looks like a pond with water, lily pads, waves and rush.

Size for felt board:11.40 x 7.87 inches (29x20 cm); size for pieces - between 0.80 and 2.50 inches (2 and 7 cm). The pieces and the board are made from wool and acrylic blend felt. The board has two ribbons that you can hang on the wall and the ducks have Velcro on the back.


This is a dragon fly. I didn't sew the wings to seem more real. 



The ducks have Velcro on the back so you can play with them in different ways.


1.Sing the song with your kid
2.Lear the numbers and count the ducks
3.Tell a story about ducks and their family
4.Play "I spy..." and search for clouds, waterlilies, butterfly and dragonfly
5.Use the board as decor in the nursery room
6.Give it as present 
7.Use in your classroom


If you like my board and if you think is useful for your kids, you can buy it in My Etsy Store

Leave a comment if you have any questions.
Ema 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penguin Toy

A new penguin toy in my collection. Soft and fluffy, I made him from two different fleece. My daughter said that fleece from his belly is a...