Saturday, March 3, 2012

Crochet Skirt - Pattern for 5-6 years girl

 I made this skirt for my 6 years daughter. I follow the pattern that a friend from a Crochet group gave me.
Thank you Jenny Thornton. Her blog is Fluff n' Stuff Bowtique. And her Facebook page is Bowtique Fluff n' Stuff




Here is her pattern: 

Skirt pattern Any yarn, any size hook
Abbreviations:
Ch - Chain
Sl St - slip stitch
hdbl- half double crochet
fphdl - front post half double crochet
bphdl - back post half double crochet
dbl- double crochet
FO - finish off

Measure waist Ch to that length, join with sl st in begining chain
Rd 1: Ch 2 hdbl in next ch and each ch around, join in top of ch2 with sl st
Rd 2: Ch 2, fphdl in first hdbl of rd 1. bphdbl in next. continue to alternate fphdbl and bphdbl around. join with sl st in top of ch 2
Rd 3 & 4 repeat rd 2
Rd 5: Ch 2, hdbl in each stitch around, join with sl st in top of ch2
Repeat rd 5 until approximately 1 1/2 - 2 inches above desired length

Ruffle
Rd 1: Ch 3, dbl in same space as joined. Dbl, ch1 dbl in next hdbl and every hdbl around. Join in 2nd ch of begining ch 3 with sl st
Rd 2: Ch 2, dbl in each dbl & ch 1 sp around
Rd 3: Repeat Rd 2 FO

Draw string: Chain double the # in your beginging chain. Weave through rnd 3 of skirt.

If you want the skirt to flare more increase 1 hdbl at the begining of every 5th row.

Here it is my work:

I started with a chain with 95 stitches and I joined with sl st in the first st to make a circle.





Then I made the waistband like Jenny.

Rd 1: Ch 2 hdbl in next ch and each ch around, join in top of ch2 with sl st
Rd 2: Ch 2, fphdl in first hdbl of rd 1. bphdbl in next. continue to alternate fphdbl and bphdbl around. join with sl st in top of ch 2
Rd 3 & 4 repeat rd 2
Rd 5: Ch 2, hdbl in each stitch around, join with sl st in top of ch2
Repeat rd 5 until approximately 1 1/2 - 2 inches above desired length





I made 5 rows for waistband.



Then I made a double crochet in every stitch and I went around. (Jenny made half double crochet).


I alternate blue and yellow for contrast.


I made the ruffle.


Rd 1: Ch 3, dbl in same space as joined. Dbl, ch1 dbl in next hdbl and every hdbl around. Join in 2nd ch of begining ch 3 with sl st
Rd 2: Ch 2, dbl in each dbl & ch 1 sp around
Rd 3: Repeat Rd 2 FO


This is the first row.


I made 3 rows for ruffle.



That's all. It was soooo easy. You'll see.


I made a draw string and I attached 3 flowers.



My daughter was soooo proud at kindergarten with her new blue skirt.







If you have any question, please send me a message.
If you want me to crochet a skirt like this for you, leave a message.

To make the flowers,you can use my pattern: Crochet Blue Flower Pattern



9 comments:

  1. superba fustita ♥
    imi amintesc cum toata copilaria am fost invidiata de colege caci avea cela mai frumoase fustite crosetate de o matusa ♥ Ce fericita trebuie sa fie fetita ta ♥ Felicitari si pupici

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, i srart to crochet this skirt, but... i do not know how to crochet these flowers,, it looks wonderful. can you share flower pattern too? i will be very thankful. if you do not want to write in your blog, so send me a link pasiutuz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello pasiutuz,

    The flowers are crocheted separately. I'll write the pattern down and I write here and I'll send you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have crocheted the skirt. thank you. it was very fast and easy. now, i am waiting to crochet the flowers and the skirt will be finished. THANK YOU.. i love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much. I didn't write the pattern for this flower, but I have another one: it's very easy to make - follow this link:

    http://ema-decorations.blogspot.com/2012/03/crochet-flower-pattern.html

    Send me a picture with your skirt please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i saw that flower before and than i have asked you for that one :) I fall in love with your flowers on the skirt.. Please please please tell me how did you crochet this flowers on the skirt... (how to send a picture?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Hello pasiutuz,

    I post the pattern for this flower:
    http://ema-decorations.blogspot.com/2012/04/crochet-blue-flower-pattern.html

    You can send me your pictures by email: ema_decorations@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Penguin Toy

A new penguin toy in my collection. Soft and fluffy, I made him from two different fleece. My daughter said that fleece from his belly is a...