Monday, April 2, 2012

Counting Felt Book for Preschool

I sew this book for a little girl named Kate. Her mother was looking for a toy that can be use in the airplane. And my quiet book is perfect for this.


It is an educational activity book for preschool and kindergarten. 

This book is made from felt and contains numbers from 1 to 5. The size for each page is 9.00 x 6.00 inches. Each page is design to help children learn to count. Numbers and pieces are detachable and they have velcro on the back. The last page contains geometric shapes arrange for counting. 
For each page you can tell a story or sing a song:
For number 1 – Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
For number 2 – you can adapt the song Five Little ducks 
For number 3 – you can adapt the song Five Little Snowmen
For number 4 – you can adapt the song Little Apples
For number 5 – I’m A Little Fish 
For last page – songs with shapes. 



This is the cover with Kate's name. I applied 2 little butterflies too.



These are the pages for numbers 1 and 2. Sing the songs and play with the detachable star and ducks. On the page no 2 you can play "I spy..." to find 2 items: 2 circles for sun, 2 butterflies and so on.


 These are numbers 3 and 4. Sing about snowmen and apples. Create some stories. Count the clouds and the leaves.


Number 5 and a page for geometric shapes.



This is the back cover with a cute little flower.




Here are all the detachable pieces. Sort them, count them, find other activities.




If you need a gift for a little girl, you can give her my book. If you want one for a boy, please let me know to change the design. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Penguin Toy

A new penguin toy in my collection. Soft and fluffy, I made him from two different fleece. My daughter said that fleece from his belly is a...