Thursday, January 3, 2013

How to make a duck from felt


Make a duck, a cute little duck from felt. Make many ducklings for your kids and play together.


Materials you need:
-colorful felt (orange, yellow for ducks, white, brown, green for wings)
-polyfill
-needle and assorted thread
-scissors

Draw a duck on a sheet of paper. Make the body and a wing.


Cut the paper pattern.


Fix it on the felt.


 Cut around the paper pattern and make 2 pieces for body and one for wing.


The beak is only a simple triangle.


First, sew the eye using a criss cross stitch.


Then sew the wing using overcast stitch.


Sew the both parts of the body using buttonhole stitch. Stuff lightly with polyfill.


Sew the beak too. Fasten off.


Your duck is ready. You can use them for playing with your kids: count, invent a story, sing Five Little Ducks ...

Here is one of my felt board for a counting book.



2 comments:

  1. I think it would be a lot more helpful if you stated what kind of stitching is required, but other than that you did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Allison and Thank you very much for your feedback. It is very important for me. For my projects I use cross stitch, buttonhole stitch and overcast stitch. I wrote these in my tutorial as you told me. Hooray! Have a nice and bright day. :)

      Delete

Penguin Toy

A new penguin toy in my collection. Soft and fluffy, I made him from two different fleece. My daughter said that fleece from his belly is a...