Friday, April 19, 2019

How to make Fabric Memory Game, sewing tutorial

Fabric matching memory game. You can make a game like this with uni fabric with different colors, or with some printed fabric with different motifs.
Before telling you how I made it, let's see haw you can play with these squares.


memory game

How to play with matching cards


  1. Play memory game. Turn the cards with their face down. Turn 2 and see if they match. 
  2. Put the cards on the table, face up. Match the cards 2 by 2. 
  3. Talk about their pictures.
  4. Describe the pictures using many adjectives, attributes: The snail is small, green, hungry, tired. 
  5. Invent stories about their pictures. 
  6. Count them. 
  7. Draw the picture from a card. 

How to make fabric memory game


I found this lovely fabric that is perfect for sewing a memory game for kids. It has some divided squares and they are match 2 by 2. How I made the memory game:

memory game


I cut the pieces. I made some same size pieces for the background.  They are from simple uni fabric.

memory game

memory game


At sewing machine, I sew on the edges.

memory game

Then I turned inside out and I sew the open space with invisible stitch. The game is finished.

memory game

memory game

Because I have different sets, I made a bag for each. I embroidered the theme on the draw string bag. 

memory game

memory game

If you have another design or idea, leave a comment. 
Find this fabric memory game in My Shop Here


Ema

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penguin Toy

A new penguin toy in my collection. Soft and fluffy, I made him from two different fleece. My daughter said that fleece from his belly is a...